61 Views no discussions In just one case, a farmer has lost more than 800 chickens.GEORGETOWN, Guyana, Tuesday July 12, 2016 (Caribbean 360) – Guyana has sought the help of a university in the United States to figure out why farmers on the East Bank of Berbice are being hit by sudden poultry deaths.Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Guyana Livestock Development Authority (GLDA), Dr. Dwight Walrond, says samples have been taken from the premises of one large-scale farmer of broiler birds and they are on their way to the University of Georgia for testing.“We want to test for a wide array of diseases. Based on clinical signs there are two different manifestations taking place; that’s why we are using the University of Georgia to test for four to six diseases. The University of Georgia is a reference laboratory. Sending the samples to Georgia is the best course of action since it would give us a good idea of what’s happening on East Bank Berbice,” he said.Local media reports have highlighted several incidents of the sudden poultry deaths, including one case last month when a farmer lost more than 800 chickens.The GLDA says while it’s not burying it’s head in the sand about the situation, it’s too early to declare an outbreak of poultry diseases, since the cases investigated are dissimilar and affect different breeds.Walrond said that on one farm, broiler birds that were approximately eight weeks old were being affected, while in two other instances, creole birds, ranging from one day to four weeks were dying. Sharing is caring! Share NewsRegional Guyana Seeks US Help As Chickens Drop Dead by: Caribbean 360 – July 12, 2016 Tweet Share Share
Karno Tenovuo, CEO, Awake.AI Jukka Merenluoto, Ecosystem Lead, ONE SEA, commented: “We are delighted to welcome Awake.AI on board: enabling the smooth flow of data between different players is integral to ONE SEA’s roadmap to transition from remote monitoring to remote control, and to increasing vessel autonomy by 2025. We also advocate the benefits of maritime digitalisation in its own right, to minimise incidents, decrease marine traffic’s environmental footprint and improve commercial efficiency.” ONE SEA, the industry alliance bringing together leading exponents of autonomous ship technology, has made a significant addition to its growing membership, after signing up Awake.AI – a company led by an experienced team of maritime digital innovators. Sea News, October 10 Awake.AI’s Tenovuo adds: “Already, we are having conversations with ONE SEA stakeholders from across the ecosystem to work through strategies to create standards and pathways that will facilitate autonomous shipping.” Author: Baibhav Mishra “Our membership includes the well-established technology firms making the running on autonomous ships, but it is important we accommodate newer players, like Awake.AI, who can bring fresh perspectives on how to meet the challenges on the road towards realising workable autonomous solutions,” says Merenluoto. Awake.AI is aiming to create a new platform and ML models (Machine learning) based on transparent data sharing to break down the barriers between ships, ports and other actors in the maritime logistics chain. The ‘virtual infrastructure’ will be vital if ports are to handle autonomous ships successfully from pre-arrival, through cargo operations and to onward departure, according to the Finnish start-up. “Today’s data silos result from legacy systems developed when interoperability wasn’t a pressing need,” says Awake.AI CEO, Karno Tenovuo. “Moving forward, the more information is shared, the greater are the opportunities to automate. Our task is to develop the digital handshakes (APIs) between different supply-chain actors, freeing data to enable smarter ships and ensure their acceptance by smart ports.” Joining ONE SEA brings Awake.AI into a commercially neutral industry cluster that already plays host to the technology leaders in autonomous shipping, including ABB, Cargotec, Ericsson, Inmarsat, Kongsberg Maritime, MTI, Tieto and Wärtsilä as well as a range of other maritime stakeholders. Drawing on experience from digital innovators that include Nokia, Microsoft, Rolls-Royce Marine, Aker and academia, Awake.AI leverages collective expertise in intelligent and autonomous ship systems, AI data pipelines, system architecture, cloud and network design and cyber security.
Select Sires has announced that 7HO8165 England-Ammon MILLION-ET (EX-92-GM) has exceeded 1 million units in lifetime sales.Not quite 10 years old, MILLION is the youngest Select sire to reach the million-unit milestone. MILLION is the seventh sire in Select Sires’ history to reach this monumental mark.advertisementadvertisement MILLION graduated into Select Sires’ active lineup in August 2008 and quickly gained popularity as a high fertility sire. He became even more popular as a proven calving ease sire (6 percent DBH) with gender SELECTed semen available.Bred by Barry and Diane England and Bill and Mike Ammon of Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, MILLION is an Outside son from a Very Good 7HO5375 Mara-Thon BW MARSHALL-ET (VG-86-GM) granddaughter of the well-known brood cow, Snow-N Denises Dellia (EX-95-2E-EX-MS-GMD-DOM). MILLION is known as a customer satisfaction sire and continues to be used heavily. He transmits excellent Fat (+.13 percent, +49) and well-attached, long-lasting udders. Recognized as a fertility leader and Superior Settler, MILLION boasts a Sire Conception Rate (SCR) of +2.2 with more than 128,000 observations. ”For a bull to sell a million units of semen, it requires two things: A bull that can live a long time and produce a lot of semen, and there needs to be a continued demand for his semen, and MILLION met both of these criteria,” said Charlie Will, manager of Holstein programs at Select Sires.”MILLION also sires strong, rugged, moderate-sized daughters with outstanding udders and feet and legs, making them perfect, stall-friendly cows. Top this off with his excellent calving ease with over 70,000 observations, MILLION continues to be in demand by dairy producers around the world.” advertisementTwo of MILLION’s sons are also known as fertility leaders in Select Sires’ Fertility PRO lineup: 7HO10929 Appealing Million HEIR-TW and 7HO10967 Way-Fine Million DALEN-ET have SCRs of +4.2 and +3.6, respectively. PD—From Select Sires news release
The Microwave Electronics Division (KMED) of Kratos Defense & Security Solutions has received an outstanding performance award as a supplier to Raytheon.The award is a testament to Kratos’ commitment to provide superior products in a timely fashion. Being recognized by Raytheon as a top supplier is an affirmation of this and a credit to the high caliber of Kratos’ staff, who are among the best in the world at what they do, according to Yonah Adelman, President of KMED and General Manager of Kratos’ General Microwave Israel.On May 17, 2018, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems held a Supplier Excellence Conference and presented awards to recognize suppliers who have provided outstanding service and partnership in exceeding customer requirements. Award candidates were judged on certain criteria, including overall quality and on-time delivery. KMED (via its General Microwave facilities in Israel and New York) was one of 55 companies recognized by Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business for 4-Star honors.KMED supports missile, radar, electronic warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, communication and other systems. Kratos owns important intellectual property that supports these technologies.
ILOILO – A male employee of the Bids and Award Committee (BAC) at the fifth floor of the Iloilo provincial capitol tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Some infected people, however, do not develop any symptoms and do not feel unwell. “Symptomatic sia pero recovering naman. Since sang onset sang iya fever, nagpa-admit na sia,” said Atty. Suzette Mamon, acting provincial administrator. “We’re still trying to figure out how the employee was able to contract the virus. Many people visit the BAC office,” said Mamon. The second case was a 28-year-old male job hire from Molo, Iloilo City assigned as ground floor utility personnel. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. The employee had fever last week and consulted the Provincial Health Office. He was swabbed. The test result – positive for the virus SARS-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19 – was released on Saturday, Aug. 22. “They were told to observe home quarantine while waiting for their test results,” Mamon told Panay News. Work resumes at the capitol on Wednesday, Aug. 26. Tuesday, Aug. 25, is a non-working holiday in Iloilo City, it being its Charter Day. The employee is currently confined at a hospital in Iloilo City. Mamon urged capitol employees with suspected signs and symptoms of COVID-19 – or have family members with such – to alert their offices immediately so they could be properly assessed. Contact tracing was launched immediately on Saturday after the employee’s test result came out. As of Sunday morning, 15 close contacts were identified and swabbed. Two capitol employees were previously diagnosed with COVID-19. They have since recovered and returned to work. Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. suspended work at the capitol today for the disinfection of the building. The first capitol COVID case was a 30-year-old job hire from Barangay Pali Benedicto, Mandurriao, Iloilo City. He was a utility employee at the sixth floor of the capitol. As of Aug. 23, Iloilo province had a total of 704 COVID-19 cases (328 local and 376 locally stranded individuals, repatriated overseas Filipinos and authorized persons outside of residence), with 11 deaths./PN
Donnie Nietes pounds Juan Carlos Reveco with a right straight during their IBF flyweight title clash at The Forum in Inglewood, California on Feb. 25. HBO BOXING MANILA – Negrense boxer Donnie Nietes hopes to end the year with a bang as he aims for the vacant WBO super flyweight belt against tough Japanese boxer Kazuto Ioka tonight at Wynne Palace Cotai in Macau.The Murcia, Negros Occidental native will aim for his fourth world championship in as many divisions after previously ruling the minimumweight, light flyweight and flyweight category.The 36-year-old Nietes had a chance to clinch his fourth world title last September but his match with fellow Negrense Aston Palicte in California ended in a controversial draw.“I believe 100 percent that I will be a world champion again by New Year,” Nietes said. “I have carefully studied his style of play and I have already figured out how to defeat Kazuto.” “Learning from my experience against Aston, I am going for a knockout here,” he added. “I will be more aggressive against Kazuto. As much as possible, I do not want to leave the decision to the judges.”Ioka, who recently returned from over a year of layoff to score a win over McWilliams Arroyo, will also be eyeing his fourth world championship in as many divisions, just like Nietes.“I feel that this will be a terrific fight because I’ve always had tremendous respect for Donnie Nietes and I’m honored that this fight is happening,” said Ioka. “It is really destiny that both of us on our different paths in life will meet in Macau.”“For myself, history is on the line, as no boxer in Japan history has ever been a four-weight champion. I’m sure, in the future, many Japanese boxers will have this opportunity but I’m really excited to be in this position to achieve history now,” he added.Nietes will enter the match with an impressive 41-1-5 win-loss-draw card, including 23 knockout wins, while the 29-year-old Ioka has 23-1-0 win-loss-draw card, with 13 stoppage wins./PN
KTM Freeride E Who says electric power isn’t fun? Acclaimed French trials bike rider and Red Bull athlete Julien Dupont has proven so after releasing a video of him stunting and flipping the all-electric KTM Freeride E dirt bike.Officially launched sometime last year, the KTM Freeride E sees the famed Austrian motorcycle manufacturer injecting a more extreme and dirt-busting flavour into the zero-emissions arms race.Based on the brand’s venerable Freeride series of dirt bikes, the Freeride E adopts a liquid-cooled electric motor instead of a thumpy single-cylinder petrol engine, with the electric system able to generate up to 16kW or 22hp and 22Nm of peak torque. The system draws power from a removable lithium ion battery pack rated at 2600Wh, and can be fully charged in just 80 minutes.Back to the video and you can see that the electric-powered dirt buster is capable of performing just as well as its petrol-powered siblings when in the right hands. The video not only sees Julien taking the Freeride E off-roading, he even goes to the extent of performing a backflip with the electric bike.The video above again proves that you can have copious amounts of fun whilst being green and eco-friendly. You can check out more on the KTM Freeride E via its dedicated microsite, ktmfreeride-e.com. You can also check out Julien and his exploits via his official Facebook page as well.Source: YouTube via MCN–Ads–
CARIBBEAN Boxing Championship gold medallists Abiola and Alesha Jackman were yesterday rewarded for their excellent performances during the four-day event.Both sisters won by stoppages in their respective finals. The 16-year-old Abiola was adjudged the Female Best Boxer of the tournament.Yesterday, Guyana Boxing Association (GBA) president Steve Ninvalle surprised the siblings by arriving at their Self Help Square, West Ruimveldt residence to present both with new boxing gloves, jerseys and financial assistance.
Taarabt could yet earn a recallAdel Taarabt has been in action for the first time since his extraordinary public fall-out with QPR boss Harry Redknapp.The Moroccan played the entire 90 minutes for Rangers’ development side as they beat Ipswich 3-0.Redknapp has said his team’s display at Chelsea on Saturday has given him encouragement ahead of this weekend’s visit of Manchester City.AdChoices广告He has also declared that Charlie Austin has answered those who wondered whether the R’s striker could score goals in the top flight.Chelsea are hopeful that John Mikel Obi will recover from a knee problem in time to rejoin the squad for Wednesday’s Champions League game against Maribor.Ramires has recovered from injuryBoss Jose Mourinho has warned his players there will be no room for complacency when they face the Slovenian side and has described Ramires’ return to fitness as “very important” for the club.Following Mourinho’s criticism of Chelsea fans after the QPR game, Blues supporter and author James Clarke says there are several reasons for the lack of atmosphere at Stamford Bridge for some matches.As for transfer speculation, Chelsea are among the English clubs interested in 15-year-old Norwegian Martin Odegaard, the Daily Star claim.Meanwhile, Fulham’s Under-21 side were beaten 4-0 at Sunderland, while Whites defender Jack Grimmer has had his loan spell at Shrewsbury extended until January.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
I love how it was Hazard that scored the goal to level them up last night after saying they don’t want Spurs to win the league — ~Wilshere~ (@laurenx_afc) May 3, 2016 If we sell hazard in summer he will always be a hero for what he done to spurs tonight— Martin Thorne (@Kintbury_Postie) May 2, 2016 Hazard was so good. Made the whole Spurs side look average, and completely ruined Walker. That finish is just too much to handle.— Aayush (@slicesofIife) May 3, 2016 Unbelievable scenes today, I will remember this day for a very long time! Hazard scores to end Spurs title hopes and crown leicster champs!— MaxFretwell88 (@MaxFretwell) May 2, 2016 Chelsea’s comeback was a sickening blow for TottenhamChelsea’s Eden Hazard-inspired fightback killed off Tottenham’s fading hopes of winning a first top-flight title since 1961 – much to the delight of Blues fans on Twitter.Hazard, on as a half-time substitute, netted a late equaliser after Gary Cahill had pulled a goal back. Stamford Bridge erupted after the Belgian’s goal, with the home fans jubilantly celebrating the end of their despised rivals’ title challenge. #respect and #love for #edenhazard . Shut down the haters and all those who did not believe in you @hazardeden10 . #ChelseaTottenham #cfc— Neil (@Blueay26) May 3, 2016 Hazard played like he didn’t want Spurs to win the league. I hope next season he plays like he wants Chelsea to win the league.— Jon Andrews (@JonAndrews84) May 2, 2016 Apparently Hazard was on holiday the entire season and only came on from bench to end Spurs’ title hopes.— ㅤㅤㅤ (@Elneny1_afc) May 3, 2016 Eden Hazard – has an awful season, then stops Spurs winning the title. I’ll take that — Lłoyd (@LloydCuthbert_9) May 3, 2016 Eden Hazard destroyed Mourinho & Spurs’ dream in one season.Player of The Season for me.— Saif Hamed (@SaifHS) May 3, 2016 Eden hazard scoring a worldie then celebrating in front of the Spurs fans he’s just denied the league is my highlight of this poor season.— Dave Moore (@DaveMoore8) May 2, 2016And many Arsenal fans also took great delight at their north London rivals’ expense…Hazard has been invisible all season, but he showed up with one moment of genius and it ended Spurs’ title dreams. Brilliant imo— Ronald. (@ThePharaoh17) May 2, 2016 Eden Hazard has been forgiven for his poor form. The man delivered us from Spurs, absolute BLUE HERO. Nothing as sweet and ruining spurs.— Gray M’hango (@Gray_Mhango) May 2, 2016 Love that Hazard turns up once in the season to put it bins against Spurs to win Leicester the league— CallumÖz (@CallumOrris) May 3, 2016 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook